Client in the Cloud
Client Cloud Computing: The Next Step toward a Better Cloud
When it comes to cloud computing IT infrastructure, there is a tendency to focus predominantly on data center design without equal attention paid to client computing. However, client server computing models such as cloud computing work far better when using intelligent clients rather than thin client devices. With intelligent clients, you can better meet users’ needs and maintain stronger security, all while positioning your infrastructure for future cloud developments.
Intel’s active leadership and first-hand experience in the development of cloud computing IT infrastructure can be immediately useful as you integrate clients into your cloud.
Get more from your cloud with intelligent clients
It is important to view your cloud infrastructure in not one but two parts: the data center and the client. By adopting intelligent clients, you can begin to form a “balanced” approach to cloud applications. An intelligent client is a device that combines security capabilities, advanced manageability, and energy-efficient performance. These client-computing attributes enhance the client and server sides of the cloud computing experience by enabling:
- Client-side, hardware-based features for stronger cloud security
- IT control balanced with meeting user needs
- Better user experiences (increased application responsiveness, user productivity, and the ability to work both online and offline)
- IT flexibility that offers investment protection as cloud solutions evolve
Intel-powered intelligent clients
With the advancement of cloud computing, more and more enterprises are relying on 2nd generation Intel® Core™ vPro™ processors to enable a streamlined user experience and greater IT control. Benefits of upgrading your PCs for cloud computing include:
- Advanced, hardware-enabled security features
- Enhanced manageability that helps reduce downtime and in-person IT visits
- Greater and more efficient performance
Intel IT is also working to provide client-aware solutions—many of which have shown that user operations can be completed on the order of up to 10X faster on a full-featured laptop than on less-capable client devices.1
Client-aware cloud applications
Client-aware applications improve the overall user experience by sensing the capabilities of the client device to make real-time decisions in order to optimally execute a given task. For example, if the client-aware application detects that the end client is a thin client or smart phone, it may react differently than if the application detects a full-featured PC with more computing power. As client-aware applications grow, the capabilities of your client devices become a more important consideration.
Setting the industry standard
1. Perangkat lunak dan beban kerja yang digunakan dalam pengujian kinerja mungkin telah dioptimalkan hanya untuk kinerja pada mikroprosesor Intel. Pengujian kinerja, seperti SYSmark dan MobileMark, diukur menggunakan sistem komputer, perangkat lunak, operasi, dan fungsi spesifik. Perubahan apa pun terhadap faktor-faktor tersebut dapat menyebabkan perbedaan. Anda sebaiknya mencari informasi dan pengujian kinerja lain untuk membantu mengevaluasi sepenuhnya pembelian yang akan Anda lakukan, termasuk kinerja dari produk itu ketika digabungkan dengan produk lainnya.