The financial services industry has never had such a wide array of delivery channels to reach customers—mobile devices, branches, ATMs, the Internet, call centers, and voice response, to name a few. Although banks have invested heavily in these channels, their efforts and infrastructure have often been duplicated, resulting in customer data trapped in outdated silos. To stay competitive, firms must:
- Reach clients when, where, and in the way they demand with better, faster, more affordable solutions.
- Remotely manage IT issues to help lower costs in a multi-channel banking environment.
- Drive costs down with server consolidation and power savings.
- Work seamlessly with IT to store and extract customer data.
- Rapidly deliver new products, such as mortgage and savings offers, in response to the latest changes in interest rates.
Staying ahead of the technology curve
Financial firms that keep their technology up-to-date can profile customer behavior and deliver the personalized level of service that consumers expect, all through a multitude of channels. It’s also essential to minimize fraud and keep customer data secure. These efforts demand a flexible architecture that can be maintained in real time.
Built for business: The 3rd generation Intel® Core™ i5 vPro™ processor
The 3rd generation Intel® Core™ i5 vPro™ processor1 provides financial firms with a comprehensive suite of security technologies that are built right into the chip. With hardware-based security in place, you can extend your PC protection beyond what traditional solutions can deliver alone.
Intel® Active Management Technology (Intel® AMT)2 provides protected, remote management capabilities that are embedded into PCs, laptops, ATMs, and other self-service kiosks to improve manageability and reduce costly troubleshooting visits. South Korea’s Shinhan Bank has projected a 43 percent reduction in ATM downtime since implementing Intel® Core™ vPro™ technology within its network of ATMs.
Other 3rd generation Intel Core i5 vPro processor benefits include:
- Threat management: Prevent sophisticated attacks below the OS with Intel® OS Guard,3 which keeps threats from digging in
- Fast encryption: Intel® Advanced Encryption Standard–New Instructions (Intel® AES–NI)4 encrypts data up to four times faster, without slowing system performance
- Virtual protection: Whether you’re working in the cloud or in a virtual environment, Intel® Trusted Execution Technology (Intel® TXT)5 and Intel® Virtualization Technology (Intel® VT)6 keep rootkits and malware out
- Intel® Anti-Theft Technology: Disable laptops when they’re lost or stolen, and return them to normal once recovered7
Less is more with Intel® Xeon® processors
Delivering a multi-channel banking strategy requires the ability to rapidly deliver new banking solutions to the market and respond to opportunities before competitors. Intel® Xeon® processors can help firms quickly deliver new solutions, thanks to their flexible architecture and Intel® Virtualization Technology (Intel® VT).8 With more computing power packed into a smaller number of servers, firms boost efficiency while cutting down on power costs and space.
The Intel® Xeon® processor E5 family
The flexible Intel® Xeon® processor E5 family automatically regulates power consumption and intelligently adjusts server performance for single- and multi-threaded applications, including increased floating-point performance for high-performance computing workloads.910 The processor can also shift into its lowest available power state to conserve energy, and when workloads increase, Intel® Turbo Boost Technology 2.0 delivers up to two times more performance on demand than previous-generation Turbo Boost technology.91112
The increased flexibility you’ll see with the Intel Xeon processor E5 family is accompanied by performance boosts of up to 80 percent over previous-generation Intel processor-based servers.9
Along with greater performance and flexibility comes peace of mind from knowing you’re running some of the most secure and efficient servers available.
The Intel® Xeon® processor E7 family
The Intel® Xeon® processor E7 family supports the most data-intensive and mission-critical applications, such as a bank’s customer relationship management (CRM) system, which pulls data across the firm’s operations. With the Intel Xeon processor E7 family, firms can:
- Consolidate IT environments: Creating the same number of instances on a smaller number of servers delivers more virtual machines per server.
- Save both space and energy: Increasing the number of virtual machines reduces a firm’s physical server footprints.
- Lower your bottom line: Better performance perserver can lower operating costs up to 95 percent over 4-socket single-core servers.13