Industrial companies have been collecting and storing data for years, but now edge analytics and big data technologies enable more constructive use of this information, such as to increase throughput, boost yields, improve efficiency, and reduce downtime. When this data is analyzed using new tools available on the market, it is possible to gain valuable insights derived from finding patterns, extracting meaning, and ultimately making decisions that lead to greater efficiency.
Original equipment manufacturers (OEMs), original device manufacturers (ODMs), and system integrators (SIs) can integrate analytics at the edge on Intel® IoT Gateways, or in the cloud or the industrial data center on Intel® Xeon® processor based servers. The backwards software-compatibility of Intel® processors allows the same analytics software to be located at the edge (small data), in the cloud (big data), or both. This architecture also supports IT/OT Convergence by tying together the industrial and data center environments.
The Benefits of Analytics
- Perform local decision making and tighten process controls
- Gain valuable insights into increasing efficiency and throughput
- Overcome information overload by systematically analyzing data
- Reduce operations costs and increase performance through predictive maintenance
- Intel® Decision Solutions: Trend Analytics Software (Intel® Decision Solutions: TAS) assists in remote monitoring, trending, and diagnostics
- Hadoop enables distributed processing of large data sets across clusters of servers
- Cloudera provides Apache* Hadoop-based software, support, services, and training
- SAP HANA is a data platform, deployable as an on-premise appliance or in the cloud